HOST THE ULTIMATE FAMILY GET TOGETHER WITH ALDI’S SHOW-STOPPING RANGE!
Everything you need and more with Aldi’s Specially Selected festive starters and party food options.
The festive season is the perfect excuse to eat, drink and be merry. Luckily, Aldi’s showstopping range of starters and party food offers the best of festive dining and at unbeatable prices.
If you like to be the host with the most, you can do so with Aldi’s amazing selections of platters – and remove the hard work! You will be sure to impress the meat lovers with the Aromas Del Sur Tapas Platter (€2.79), that includes Salchichón, Serrano Ham and Chorizo Extra, and the Specially Selected Italian Misto Platter (€6.99) which includes Parma Ham, Coppa, Milano Salami and Felino Salami for the ultimate feasting experience. These meats are sure to tantalise taste buds as a party platter or on the big day itself for a deluxe starter.
The seafood fans will be in inundated with options too – from the Specially Selected Irish Crab Claws (€4.29) to the Specially Selected Lobster Tails (€17.99) and Specially Selected Maple/Seaweed Smoked Salmon (€3.69), all of which make for the ideal festive feast before your turkey dinner, or indeed for hosting friends over a glass of fizz.
Not sure where to start? Chef Trisha Lewis shares her tips on how to create the ultimate antipasti board:
- Go for a combination of flavours – sweet, spicy, sour and salty are four great basics to start with.
- Buy pre-made where you can. I buy sliced meats, houmous, pesto and roasted nuts to save time and stress.
- When building your platter, start working from the centre and make your way out to the edge.
- Season with a sprinkle of sea salt and a twist of black pepper – it makes such a difference.
Aldi’s festive range includes the following products to help you create an amazing antipasti board using Trisha’s advice:
- Specially Selected Cracker Pouches €1.29/45g – A selection of savoury crackers. Choose from Cheddar, Cheddar & Chilli or Chilli & Chive. On sale now
- Specially Selected Irish Buffalo Mozzarella €1.99/125g – Creamy Irish Buffalo Mozzarella, the perfect addition to your antipasti platter or ideal as a salad starter for your special occasion. Made with 100% Irish Milk. Winner of 2 stars at the Great Taste Awards 2018. On sale now.
- Specially Selected Humous / Dip €1.69/170g – Choose from Extra Virgin Olive Oil Houmous or Four Cheese Dip. On sale now.
- Aromas Del Sur Tapas Platter €2.79/120g – Includes Salchichón Extra, Serrano Ham and Chorizo Extra. On sale now.
- Chianti Antipasto Platter €2.99/120g – Includes rolled Pancetta, Ventricina Salami and Salami Milano. On sale now
- Pâté Jars €3.49/ 200g – Choose from Chicken, Salmon, Cheddar or Brussels. On Sale 26th November
- Specially Selected Poached Terrines / Canapes €4.79/108g – Choose from Sunblush Tomato or Honey Roast Smoked Salmon. On sale 22nd December
- Specially Selected Exquisite Ibérico De Bellota €4.99/60g – This Ibérico ham has a smooth texture, with a rich and savoury taste. On sale 10th December
- Specially Selected Pâté Bowls €4.99/280g – Choose from Drunken Duck with Cherry or Brussels with Mulled Wine. On sale 10th December
- Specially Selected Truffle Prosciutto Cotto/Porchetta €4.99/150g – Add a little indulgence to your antipasti board with these premium meats. On sale 10th December
Other starters from Aldi’s festive range include the following premium Specially Selected fish products, ranging from fresh Dublin Bay prawns and Roasted Garlic Lobster Tails to Irish Crab Claw Meat:
- Specially Selected Irish Atlantic Wheaten Bread €1.49/600g – This rustic wheaten bread has been produced in Co. Donegal, using some locally sourced ingredients. Winner of 1 star in the Great Taste Awards 2020 and awarded Silver in the IQFA Awards 2021. On sale now.
- Specially Selected Maple/Seaweed Smoked Salmon €3.69/100g – Smoked salmon infused with Maple or Seaweed flavours. On sale 10th December.
- Specially Selected Irish Crab Claws €4.29/125g – Caught the traditional way, in the clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean. On sale now.
- Specially Selected Smoked Salmon Gravadlax/Sweet Cure €4.99/ 160g/130g – Choose from salt cured Gravadlax with a honey mustard sauce, or sweet cured Smoked Salmon. On sale 10th December.
- Specially Selected Prawn Gratin €5.49/240g – Choose from King Prawn Scallop or Thermidor Prawn Gratin. On sale 22nd December.
- Specially Selected Exquisite Irish Crab Claw Meat €7.99/100g – Our 100% Irish Crab Claw Meat comes from the brown crab, renowned for its soft, fluffy and subtly sweet flavour. On sale 20th December.
- Specially Selected Fresh Flavoured Dublin Bay Prawns €7.99/350g/330g – Fresh Dublin Bay prawns. Choose from Pil or Garlic & Herb. Winner of Gold in the Blas na hÉireann Awards 2021. On sale 22nd December.
- Specially Selected Lobster Tails €17.99/200g – Choose from Roasted Garlic or Thermidor. On sale 20th December.
Aldi will also be stocking an incredible range of party food. Speaking on the range, Chef Trisha Lewis said; “I absolutely love this part of any party or celebration – creating a symphony of flavour, colour, joy and fun! With party food, I think you need to keep everyone in mind and go with the motto “I’d rather be looking at it than for it.” Also, try to cater for 10 pieces per person. My hero product is the Specially Selected Mini Beef Wellingtons. Superb!”
Here are Trisha’s top tips for festive party food:
- Know your guests and their dietary requirements – make sure you cater for vegetarians.
- Make sure there is a variety of different meats, textures, cuisines, cultures, and flavours.
- Try to prepare in advance. Your dips, salads and even your crackers can be decanted from the packets that morning.
- Have items that do not need any cooking in case you are running behind on time. Things like tortilla chips, breadsticks, pitta breads, roasted nuts, tapenade, houmous and pesto are lifesavers as you wait for your duck spring rolls to cook!
- If you are serving something hot like a curry, try and have it in a Bain Marie or slow cooker as it will avoid you reheating all evening.
- Have enough food so that unexpected guests are no problem! And bulk up on items that can be frozen to avoid waste.
- Presentation is key. Arrange items neatly and garnish with fresh herbs.
Aldi stores will be stocking the following products throughout the season to help you get party food ready:
- Let’s Party 10 Duck Spring Rolls €1.09 /180g – 10 filo pastry spring rolls filled with duck and hoisin sauce. On sale now.
- Specially Selected Irish Cocktail Sausages €1.99/454g – Succulent cocktail sausages produced using 100% Irish, Bord Bia Assured pork. On sale now.
- Let’s Party 30 Piece Indian Snack Selection €2.99/600g – Our 30 Piece Indian Snack Selection will fill a platter with the tastes of India. On sale now.
The above products and much more will be on sale across all 149 Aldi stores nationwide from November,while stocks last.
Barnardos Text to Donate
Visit Barnardos.ie/aldi to donate now or text ‘KIDS’ to 50300 to donate €4 to help support a vulnerable child this Christmas! Text Cost €4. Barnardos will receive a minimum of €3.60. SP: LIKECHARITY. HELPLINE: 01 481 9311. Every €4 donated could help Barnardos provide a hot dinner and access to specialised care for a child in a Barnardos After School Club.