For further information contact:
360, A Finn Partners Company | 01 637 1777
Find our latest media updates at www.aldipresscentre.ie
Find us on our website at www.aldi.ie
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AldiIreland
Find us on LinkedIn at https://ie.linkedin.com/company/aldi-ireland
Follow us on Twitter at @Aldi_Ireland #AldiEverydayAmazing
Find us on Instagram here: www.instagram.com/aldi_ireland/ or @aldi_ireland
- ALDI Ireland employs over 4,650 people and operates a network of 155 stores across the country, with stores in each county in the Republic of Ireland.
- ALDI has pledged to invest €320 million over the next two years (2022-2024) in a bid to further accelerate its share of the Irish grocery market. The investment drive will see ALDI open 30 new stores across the country, building on the €1.6 billion it has already invested in its store and distribution network.
- ALDI also plans to on expand its store network in Dublin, resulting in an investment of €73 million in 11 new stores with the creation of 350 new full-time jobs over the next two years.
- ALDI Ireland increased its hourly pay rates for store colleagues from 1st February 2022 maintaining its position as Ireland’s best paying supermarket. ALDI pays all store assistants up to €14.90 an hour, with a market leading entry rate of €12.90 an hour.
- ALDI currently stocks over 1,800 products and works with over 330 Irish suppliers. In addition to this, ALDI has invested more than €5.5M in its Grow with ALDI supplier development programme since 2018, which provides an opportunity to Irish food and drink companies to gain a listing in ALDI’s 155 stores.
- ALDI works closely with a number of national charities including Barnardos Ireland. ALDI has pledged to raise €1 million for Barnardos to help support vulnerable children and families and has donated over €1,017,000 (raised from ALDI stock sold in-store, on-pack donations, voucher donations, partnership support and staff/customer donations) to Barnardos since partnering in November 2020. In November 2022, ALDI extended its partnership with Barnardos for a further 2 years, committing to raising an additional €1 million for the children’s charity.
- ALDI also works closely with charity partners FoodCloud and the Irish Cancer Society. To date, ALDI has donated 2.6 million meals to FoodCloud, equating to a saving of over 1 million kgs of food from going to waste. This also benefits the environment with an equivalent saving of 3.2 million tonnes of CO2.
- ALDI partners with local communities and charities across Ireland in donating Community Grants each year to help fund local causes and will have donated over €537,000 to more than 1,000 local charities through the programme to date.
- ALDI is the official fresh food partner of the IRFU and sponsor of ALDI Play Rugby, a programme that encourages school children to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
- ALDI is a verified member of Bord Bia’s national sustainability programme Origin Green, Ireland’s pioneering food and drink sustainability programme.
- ALDI has achieved Business in the Community Ireland’s Business Working Responsibly mark, one of the leading independently audited standards for CSR and Sustainability certification in Ireland.
- ALDI was awarded Best Supporter of Local Suppliers at the 2022 National Grocery Retail Awards as well as ALDI Caherciveen being awarded the title of Discounter Store of the year.
- ALDI won the Lean Leadership Award at the Lean Business Awards 2022 in recognition of the strides it has made across both operational and enterprise excellence.
- ALDI was awarded the Communication award at the Chambers Ireland Sustainable Business Impact Awards 2022 in recognition of its Corporate Responsibility strategy, ‘Better Everyday’.
- ALDI was voted Green Retailer at the 2022 Green Awards in recognition of its company-wide commitment to a series of sustainability initiatives, including carbon and waste reduction, biodiversity, community engagement and staff training and awareness.