For further information contact:
360, A Finn Partners Company | 01 637 1777
Find our latest media updates at www.aldipresscentre.ie
Find us on our website at www.aldi.ie
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AldiIreland
Find us on LinkedIn at https://ie.linkedin.com/company/aldi-ireland
Follow us on Twitter at @Aldi_Ireland #AldiEverydayAmazing
Find us on Instagram here: www.instagram.com/aldi_ireland/ or @aldi_ireland
- ALDI Ireland employs over 4,650 people and operates a network of 155 stores across the country, with stores in each county in the Republic of Ireland.
- ALDI has pledged to invest €320 million over the next three years (2022-2024) in a bid to further accelerate its share of the Irish grocery market. The investment drive will see ALDI open 30 new stores across the country, building on the €1.6 billion it has already invested in its store and distribution network
- ALDI Ireland increased its hourly pay rates for store colleagues from 1st February 2022 maintaining its position as Ireland’s best paying supermarket. ALDI pays all store assistants up to €14.90 an hour, with a market leading entry rate of €12.90 an hour.
- ALDI currently stocks over 1,800 products and works with over 330 Irish suppliers. In addition to this, ALDI has invested more than €5.5M in its Grow with ALDI supplier development programme since 2018, which provides an opportunity to Irish food and drink companies to gain a listing in ALDI’s 153 stores.
- ALDI works with a number of national charities including Barnardos, FoodCloud, and the Irish Cancer Society. To date, ALDI has donated 2.6 million meals to FoodCloud, equating to a saving of over 1 million kgs of food from going to waste. This also benefits the environment with an equivalent saving of 3.2 million tonnes of CO2. ALDI has pledged to raise €1 million for Barnardos to help support vulnerable children and families and has donated €880,000 (raised from ALDI stock sold in-store, on-pack donations, voucher donations, partnership support and staff/customer donations) to Barnardos since partnering in November 2020. ALDI also partners with local communities and charities across Ireland in donating Community Grants each year to help fund local causes and will have donated over €537,000 to more than 1,000 local charities through the programme by the end of the year.
- ALDI has recently extended their partnership with Barnardos for a further two years in order to raise another €1 million for the charity to combat the child food poverty crisis.
- ALDI is planning on expanding its store network in Dublin which includes an investment of €73 million in 11 new stores with the creation of 350 new full-time jobs
- ALDI is the official fresh food partner of the IRFU and sponsor of ALDI Play Rugby, a programme that encourages school children to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
- ALDI is a verified member of Bord Bia’s national sustainability programme Origin Green, Ireland’s pioneering food and drink sustainability programme.
- ALDI has achieved Business in the Community Ireland’s Business Working Responsibly mark, one of the leading independently audited standards for CSR and Sustainability certification in Ireland.
- ALDI was awarded Best supporter of Local Suppliers at the 2022 National Grocery Retail Awards as well as ALDI Caherciveen being awarded the title Discounter Store of the year.
- ALDI won the Lean Leadership Award at the Lean Business Awards 2022 in recognition of the strides it has made across both operational and enterprise excellence.
- ALDI was awarded the Communication award at the Chambers Ireland Sustainable Business Impact Awards 2022 in recognition of its Corporate Responsibility strategy, ‘Better Everyday’.
- ALDI was voted Green Retailer at the 2022 Green Awards in recognition of its company-wide commitment to a series of sustainability initiatives, including carbon and waste reduction, biodiversity, community engagement and staff training and awareness.