For further information contact:
Gibney Communications | 01 661 0402
Find our latest media updates at www.aldipresscentre.ie
Find us on our website at www.aldi.ie
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AldiIreland
Find us on LinkedIn at https://ie.linkedin.com/company/aldi-ireland
Follow us on Twitter at @Aldi_Ireland #AldiEverydayAmazing
Find us on Instagram here: www.instagram.com/aldi_ireland/ or @aldi_ireland
- Aldi employs over 4,650 people and operates a network of 148 stores across the country, with stores in each county in the Republic of Ireland.
- Aldi is Ireland’s highest paying supermarket and the first supermarket to pay staff the Living Wage Technical Group’s €12.30 rate, which came into effect on the 1st February 2020.
- Aldi currently stocks over 1,800 products and works with over 330 Irish suppliers across Ireland. In addition to this, Aldi has invested more than €3,000,000 in its Grow with Aldi supplier development programme since 2018, which provides an opportunity to Irish food and drink companies to gain a listing in Aldi’s 148 stores.
- Irish shoppers recently voted Aldi as the most reputable supermarket in Ireland according to the latest RepTrak Ireland Report, achieving an “Excellent” reputation rating.
- Aldi works with a number of national charities including Barnardos, FoodCloud, and the Irish Cancer Society. We also partner with local communities and charities across Ireland in donating Community Grants each year to help fund local causes. To date, Aldi has donated a total of €2.9M worth of meals to FoodCloud, €240,000 (raised from Aldi stock sold in-store, on-pack donations, voucher donations, partnership support and staff/customer donations) to Barnardos since partnering in November 2020, and will have donated over €450,000 through its Community Grants programme by the end of the year.
- Aldi is the official fresh food partner of the IRFU and sponsor of Aldi Play Rugby, a programme that encourages school children to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
- Aldi is a verified member of Bord Bia’s national sustainability programme Origin Green, Ireland’s pioneering food and drink sustainability programme.
- Aldi has achieved Business in the Community Ireland’s Business Working Responsibly mark, one of the leading independently audited standards for CSR and Sustainability certification in Ireland.
- In December 2020, Aldi was awarded the Overall 2020 Pakman award as well as the Silver Plastic Pledge Award at the 2020 Pakman Awards, powered by Repak. In addition, Aldi was also named the Green Retailer of the Year at the 2020 Green Awards in February 2020.