For further information contact:
Gibney Communications | 01 661 0402
Find our latest media updates at www.aldipresscentre.ie
Find us on our website at www.aldi.ie
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AldiIreland
Find us on LinkedIn at https://ie.linkedin.com/company/aldi-ireland
Follow us on Twitter at @Aldi_Ireland #AldiEverydayAmazing
Find us on Instagram here: www.instagram.com/aldi_ireland/ or @aldi_ireland
- Aldi employs over 4,650 people and operates a network of 150 stores across the country, with stores in each county in the Republic of Ireland.
- Aldi has pledged to invest €320 million over the next three years (2022-2024) in a bid to further accelerate its share of the Irish grocery market. The investment drive will see Aldi open 30 new stores across the country, building on the €1.6 billion it has already invested in its store and distribution network
- Aldi Ireland has increased its hourly pay rates for store colleagues from 1st February 2022 maintaining its position as Ireland’s best paying supermarket. Aldi pays all store assistants up to €14.90 an hour, with a market leading entry rate of €12.90 an hour.
- Aldi currently stocks over 1,800 products and works with over 330 Irish suppliers. In addition to this, Aldi has invested more than €3,000,000 in its Grow with Aldi supplier development programme since 2018, which provides an opportunity to Irish food and drink companies to gain a listing in Aldi’s 150 stores.
- Irish shoppers voted Aldi as the most sustainable supermarket in Ireland according to the Ireland Sustainability RepTrak® Index 2021.
- Aldi works with a number of national charities including Barnardos, FoodCloud, and the Irish Cancer Society. To date, Aldi has donated over 2.35 million meals to FoodCloud, equating to a saving of almost €3 million for the charity while also benefiting the environment saving an equivalent of 3.2 million tonnes of CO2. Aldi has pledged to raise €1 million for Barnardos to help support vulnerable children and families and has donated €560,000 (raised from Aldi stock sold in-store, on-pack donations, voucher donations, partnership support and staff/customer donations) to Barnardos since partnering in November 2020. Aldi also partners with local communities and charities across Ireland in donating Community Grants each year to help fund local causes and will have donated over €537,000 to more than 1,000 local charities through the programme by the end of the year.
- Aldi is the official fresh food partner of the IRFU and sponsor of Aldi Play Rugby, a programme that encourages school children to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
- Aldi is a verified member of Bord Bia’s national sustainability programme Origin Green, Ireland’s pioneering food and drink sustainability programme.
- Aldi has achieved Business in the Community Ireland’s Business Working Responsibly mark, one of the leading independently audited standards for CSR and Sustainability certification in Ireland.
- In September 2021, Aldi won the Partnership with Charity award at the Chambers Ireland Sustainable Business Impact Awards in recognition of its work in combating food wastage and food insecurity through its long-term partnership with FoodCloud. In addition, Aldi was awarded the Environment MNC Award for its work on reducing Plastic & Packaging.
- In December 2021, Aldi was voted Best Supporter of Irish Suppliers at the National Grocery Retail Awards. Aldi’s Killaloe store also picked up the accolade for Discounter Store of the Year.
- Aldi was voted Green Retailer at the 2022 Green Awards in recognition of its company-wide commitment to a series of sustainability initiatives, including carbon and waste reduction, biodiversity, community engagement and staff training and awareness.