VEGANUARY WITH ALDI’S AWARD WINNING RANGE OF PLANT-BASED PRODUCTS AND RECIPES
Ireland’s ‘Retailer of the Year’ at the FreeFrom Awards 2022
Looking to incorporate more plant-based meals in your diet this January? At ALDI, you will find everything from meat-free alternatives and dairy-free ingredients, to store cupboard essentials like beans, pasta, and nuts. Awarded ‘Retailer of the Year’ at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022, ALDI is here to empower you to make good, healthy choices this January.
Beans are a versatile vegan protein source that count as one of your five a day. Stock up on ALDI’s own brand Organic Black Beans €0.79 and Organic Chickpeas €0.79 – perfect for Buddha bowls, stews, and curries. At just 79c a can, that’s unbeatable value.
You’ll find a fantastic selection of vegan dips and spreads in your local ALDI. For a healthy dip, look no further than Houmous €0.79. Start your day right with Specially Selected Smashed Avocado €1.79 spread on toast. No pantry is complete without Foodie Market 100% Peanut Butter €2.89, a protein-rich addition to smoothies and sandwiches.
Swap out dairy for alternatives like Soya Drink €0.95 and Almond Unsweetened Drink €1.39. Be your own barista and make delicious and creamy coffees with Oat Drink €1.49.Prepare a satisfying smoothie bowl with Soya Yogurt Alternative €1.59. Treat yourself to a vegan cheese toastie with Vegan Cheese €2.79.
Craving comfort food? ALDI has an unbeatable selection of meat-free snacks and dinners that are sure to satisfy your appetite like Vegan Sausage Rolls €1.49, Veggie Burgers €1.79 (choose from Sweet Potato or Beetroot Burgers, that won Silver at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022), and Carlos Takeaway Vegan Stuffed Crust €3.79. Warm up this winter with Tasty Carrot & Coriander Soup or Tasty Tomato & Red Pepper Soup, both €2.39 that picked up Gold and Bronze awards respectively at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022.
ALDI has a wide range of amazing value meat-free alternatives that are just as tasty as the real thing. Cook a vegan Spaghetti Bolognese with Mince Cheat €2.49,meat-free mince made from soya protein. Make your favourite pasta dish with Cheat Balls €2.49, meat-free meatballs made from pea protein. Treat yourself to a vegan fry with mouthwatering, moreish Denny Meat Free Sausages €2.49.
ALDI is constantly expanding its vegan range and is committed to offering plant-based products at affordable price points all year round. That means you can always rely on ALDI to stock the best value vegan food and drink items.
See below for a full list of vegan-friendly products on sale now in 155 ALDI stores nationwide:
- Cucina Fusilli €0.69 (500g)
- Organic Black Beans in Water €0.79 (400g/240g drained)
- Organic Chickpeas in Water €0.79 (400g/240g drained)
- The Deli Houmous €0.79 (200g) Choose from Classic or Reduced Fat.
- Organic Tomatoes €0.89 (400g) Choose from Chopped or Whole.
- Actileaf Soya Drink €0.95 (1 litre) Choose from sweetened or unsweetened.
- Four Seasons Taco/Kidney Beans in Sauce €0.99 (395g/390g)
- Actileaf Almond Unsweetened Drink €1.39 (1 litre)
- Linda McCartney 6 Vegetarian Sausages €1.49 (270g) Choose from Original or Red Onion & Rosemary.
- Actileaf Oat Drink €1.49 (1 litre)
- Cucina Stir-In Sauces €1.49 (150g) Choose from Sun-Dried Tomato or Tomato & Basil.
- Plant Menu Vegan Sausage Rolls €1.49 (400g)
- Soya Yogurt Alternative €1.59 (500g) Choose from Plain, Vanilla or Blueberry.
- Specially Selected Smashed Avocado €1.75 (150g)
- The Deli Veggie Burgers €1.79 (230g) Choose from Beetroot Burgers (won Silver at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022) or Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers.
- The Foodie Market Almonds €1.99 (200g)
- Plant Menu Spicy Bean/Vegetable Burgers €1.99 (454g)
- Tasty Healthy Soups €2.39 (400g) Choose from Carrot & Butternut Squash (won Gold at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022), Country Vegetable or Tomato & Red Pepper (won Bronze at the FreeFrom Food Awards 2022).
- Foodie Market 100% Peanut Butter (Smooth & Crunchy) €2.89 (470g)
- Quorn Chicken Style Pieces/Mince €3.45 (500g)
- Carlos Takeaway Vegan Stuffed Crust €3.79 (490g)
- Foodie Market 100% Peanut Butter (Smooth & Crunchy) €5.29 (1kg)
See below for a full list of vegan-friendly products available in 155 ALDI stores nationwide from 2nd January:
- Super Tahoe Tofu Block €1.69 (500g)
- Glas Veggie Burgers €2.49 (240g)
- Sons of Butchers Mince Cheat €2.49 (300g)
- Sons of Butchers Cheat Balls €2.49 (240g)
- Denny Meat Free Sausages €2.49 (336g)
- Plant Menu No Chicken/No Beef Pieces €2.79 (200g)
- Plant Menu Vegan Cheese €2.79 (200g/200g/180g) Choose from Block, Grated, or Sliced.
See below for a full list of vegan-friendly products available in 155 ALDI stores nationwide from 8th January:
- BFree Pizza Base €4.49 (2 Pack)
To celebrate Veganuary, ALDI has prepared asimplevegan recipe for you to try at home. It’s the perfect winter warmer!
Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
- 1 x Tin of Four Seasons Chickpeas in Water €0.45 (400g, Drained)
- 1 x Red Chilli, Nature’s Pick Mixed Chillies €0.49 (50g)
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 x 400g Cucina Chopped Tinned Tomatoes €0.49 (400g)
- 100g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 x 10g piece peeled Nature’s Pick Fresh Ginger €0.55 (125g)
- 1 tsp Ready, Set…Cook! Paprika €0.55 (40g)
- 1 tsp Ready, Set…Cook! Ground Cumin €0.65 (40g)
- 3 x Nature’s Pick Garlic Cloves €0.79 (4 Pack)
- 1 x 400ml Coconut Milk €0.85 (400ml)
- 2 tsp Ready, Set…Cook! Curry Powder €0.89 (90g)
- Ready, Set…Cook! Salt Grinder €1.09 (100g)
- Ready, Set…Cook! Black Pepper Grinder €1.09 (50g)
- 30g The Pantry Blanched Almonds €1.19 (150g)
- 2 x Nature’s Pick Large Red Onions €1.29 (3 Pack)
- 1 x Cauliflower €1.49
- 30g The Foodie Market Cashew Nuts €1.99 (200g)
- 35ml Specially Selected Rapeseed Oil €2.99 (500ml)
- Peel the onions, halve, and thinly slice.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Grate or finely chop the ginger.
- Finely chop the chilli along with the seeds.
- In a wok, sauté the onions in the oil for 4 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the nuts and cook for another minute.
- Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, ground cumin, paprika and curry powder.
- Cook on a low heat for a minute, stirring as you cook. Then, add the coconut milk and the chopped tomatoes.
- Grate the lemon and juice, then add the rind and juice to the curry sauce.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, season with some salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into eights and add to the sauce.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the wok. Gently cook for about 25 minutes until the cauliflower is just cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Then add the spinach leaves, stir through and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve alongside some basmati rice.
View this recipe online at https://www.aldi.ie/sri-lankan-style-curried-cauliflower/p/000000268505300
For more amazing vegan and vegetarian recipes, visit www.aldi.ie/c/recipes