TURN OVER A NEW LEAF! PLANT-BASED ESSENTIALS AND RECIPES FROM ALDI
Turn over a new leaf! Plant-based essentials and recipes from Aldi
Veganuary has arrived and Aldi has got you covered
Recipes including Banana and Peanut Butter Vegan Pancakes and Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
Eating less meat and increasing plant-based food can be good for all sorts of reasons – it’s better for your body and health, kinder to the environment by reducing your carbon footprint and tastes amazing!
For the past number of years, Veganuary has encouraged people across the world to try vegan for January, and Aldi has got you covered with everything you need. There’s no need to miss out on your everyday favourites with Aldi’s range of Vegan delights on sale this January.
On sale 3rd January
- Vitamin B12 Gummies €3.99 each – Strawberry flavoured B12 chewable vitamins. Ideal for vegans and vegetarians. Helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Cauliflower Rice €2.49/200g – Choose from Cauliflower Rice or Broccoli Rice.
- Rice Noodles €0.89/200g – Choose from Folded Brown Rice Noodles, Folded White Rice Noodles or Vermicelli White Rice Noodles.
- Vidal Vegan Marshmallows €1.26/150g – Vegan and gluten free.
- Crazy Jack Organic €0.49/40g – Choose from Apricots or Raisins.
- Nutritional Yeast €3.49/125g – Marigold’s glorious Engevita yeast flakes with added B12 provide a rich source of B vitamins and minerals. Delicious mixed into water, milk, fruit/vegetable juices or sprinkled on soups, stews, casseroles and pasta to enhance their flavour. Gluten free and vegan friendly.
- Vegan Mayonnaise €1.25 per 250g/265g – Choose from Vegan Mayo or Peri Peri Vegan Mayo. On sale 3rd January.
- Vegan Pesto €1.39/190g – Choose from Red or Green Pesto.
- Bramwells Jackfruit 99c/400g– in water.
- Plant Menu Vegan Cheese Tortilla Chips €0.99/160g- Cheese flavour tortilla chips that are completely vegan friendly.
- Mori-Nu Tofu €1.49/349g – Mori-Nu Silken Tofu, has a smooth and creamy texture, unlike other tofu. It is also shelf-stable not needing refrigeration for up to 1 year. No preservatives.
- Organic Coconut Flour/Sugar €1.69 per 300g/250g – Choose from Organic Coconut Flour or Organic Coconut Sugar.
- Vegan Salad Dressing €1.45/250ml – Choose from Vegan Caesar, Vegan Agave and Mustard or Vegan Blue Cheese.
- Loma Linda Pouches €2.69/284g – Choose from Thai Red Curry, Spicy Pad Thai or Chipotle Bowl. On sale 7th January.
Great value Vegan products on sale in Aldi everyday:
- Pea Snacks €0.67/21g – Choose from Sweet Chilli or Salt & Vinegar
- Acti-Leaf Soya Drink €0.75/1 litre – Unsweetened
- Seed Mix/Sunflower Seeds €0.79/250g
- Penne Pasta €0.89/1kg
- Easy Cook Brown Rice €1.15/1kg
- Houmous Dip Selections €0.99/180g – Choose from Classic or Flavoured
- Peanut Butter €1.09/340g – Choose from Smooth or Crunchy
- Chia Seeds €1.39/200g – Choose from Whole or Milled
- Plant Menu Vegan Sausage Rolls €1.49 per 360g/400g
- Plant Menu Vegetable/Spicy Bean Burgers €1.69/454g
- Specially Selected Pasta Sauces €1.69/350g –Choose from Classic Bolognese, Tomato & Chilli, Tomato & Basil or Sundried Tomato
- Almonds/Cashew Nuts €1.99/200g – Peel and reseal
- The Deli Veggie Burgers €1.99/230g – Choose from Sweet Potato / Beetroot / Mushroom (New for 2021)
- Tasty Curry Pot €1.99/325g – Vegetable Curry
- The Deli Falafel €1.99/200g – Choose from Mediterranean Style, Moroccan Style or Sweet Potato Pakora
- The Deli Beetroot Falafel/Sweet Potato Pakora €1.99/200g
- Happy Roots Vegan Mayonnaise €1.99 per 405g/420g – Choose from Original, Orange & Chilli or Smoky Bacon
- Vegan One Pot Meals €2.29/380g – Choose from assorted variants
Why beans and pulses? Packed with protein, nutrients and vitamins, beans and pulses are a great replacement for meat and really versatile. They’re great in chilli, curries and soups – for loads more ideas visit www.aldi.ie/recipes
- Chickpeas €0.29/400g (240g drained)
- Mixed Beans €0.55/400g (240g drained)
- Green Lentils/Black Beans €0.59/390g
- Taco Beans/Red Kidney Beans/Beans in Chilli €0.69 per 395g/390g
Add a tasty beverage to your vegan meal with these amazing vegan wines!
- Côtes du Rhône Villages €7.12/75cl– This complex red wine is made from grapes grown in some of Rhône Valley’s most premium vineyards. It shows attractive fruity aromas of raspberry and blackberry with spicy notes and a long finish. A classic blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault and Carignan, this wine will be a great partner to steak, ratatouille or casseroles.
- Castellore Italian Sangiovese Romana €7.36/75cl– This intense Italian Sangiovese Romagna DOC is ruby red in colour that has rich, red fruit aromas, complemented with rich hints of spiced flavours.
- Specially Selected Muscadet Sevre et Maine Sur Lie €7.86.75cl– This fresh and creamy wine has a unique texture, that comes from the wine being kept Sur Lie – or ‘on the lees’. Melon B grapes provide ripe fruit flavours, perfectly complemented by fresh citrusy lime notes.
- Exquisite Collection Argentinian Malbec €7.86/75cl- Bright and intense ruby-red wine with youthful purple tints and aromas of fresh fruits – a result of the high altitude vineyard plots. Plum and blackberry flavours are overlain with subtle violet notes to give a premium wine with great structure and a long and intensely fruit finish.
Meat-free Monday? Give it a go! Even eating just one plant-based meal a week can help your health and the planet. So why not try going meat-free every Monday? Aldi has an amazing range of meat-free alternatives as well as an array of recipes to help you on your way. Why not try your hand at these two delicious vegan recipes?
Banana and Peanut Butter Vegan Pancakes
Serves: 8 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking times: 10 minutes
1 ripe Worldwide Banana (plus extra to serve)
50g Grandessa Peanut Butter (plus extra to serve)
100g The Pantry Plain Flour
½ tsp The Pantry Baking Powder
2 tbsp Specially Selected Maple Syrup
150ml Sweetened Acti Leaf Soya Drink
1 tbsp of Solesta Sunflower Oil (for cooking)
- Mash 1 banana in a bowl using a fork and then beat in 50g of peanut butter and the maple syrup.
- Add the plain flour and baking powder and then gradually add the soya drink and mix until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan, grease with a little sunflower oil and spoon the mixture into the pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancake).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear and then flip and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining peanut butter and fresh sliced banana.
Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower – A beautifully spiced vegan curry recipe that will give your mid-week meals a bit of Eastern inspiration. Fast to cook and packed with all the goodness you need.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1 x Nature’s Pick Cauliflower
3 x Nature’s Pick Garlic Cloves
1 x Nature’s Pick Red Chilli – approx. 15g
1 x 10g piece peeled Nature’s Pick Fresh Ginger
1 x tsp ground Stonemill Cumin
1 x tsp Stonemill Paprika
2 x tsp Stonemill Curry Powder
1 x Zest Lemon
2 x Nature’s Pick Red Onions
30g The Foodie Market Cashew Nuts
30g Blanched The Foodie Market Almonds
1 x 400ml Asia Specialities Coconut Milk
1 x 400g tin of Napolina Chopped Tomatoes
1 x 400g of tinned The Pantry Chickpeas
100g The Salad Box Baby Spinach Leaves
35ml Specially Selected Irish Rapeseed Oil
Stonemill Salt and Black Pepper
- Peel the onions, halve and thinly slice.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Grate or finely chop the ginger.
- Finely chop the chilli along with the seeds.
- In a wok sauté the onions in the oil for 4 mins on a low heat.
- Add the nuts and cook for another minute.
- Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, ground cumin, paprika and curry powder. Cook on a low heat for a minute, stirring as you cook. Then, add the coconut milk and the chopped tomatoes.
- Grate the lemon and juice – add the rind and juice to the curry sauce. Bring the sauce to the boil, season with some salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into eighths and add to the sauce.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the wok. Gently cook for about 25 minutes until the cauliflower is just cooked and the sauce has thickened. Then add the spinach leaves, stir through and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve alongside some basmati rice.
The above items and more are available in 145 Aldi stores nationwide from Sunday, 3rd January.