RAISE A TOAST! CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY WITH ALDI’S AWARD-WINNING WINE RANGE
Excellent quality wines at prices that will make you swoon!
Love is in the air!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Whether you plan on preparing a candlelit dinner or nestling into your couch in front of your favourite Netflix show, Aldi has a range of romantic tipples to get you in the mood this Valentine’s Day.
Luckily, Tom Doorley, Aldi’s resident wine expert is sharing his top tips for when you are picking up a bottle of something nice this February 14th – “On Valentine’s Day, I think some form of fizz is pretty compulsory and, if you agree, rest assured that Aldi has you covered. From fun Prosecco to stylish Champagnes – all at bargain prices that will make you blink. My other essential on this special day is one of Aldi’s Dry Aged steaks with the Specially Selected Argentinian Malbec or, better still, the Organic Argentinian Malbec. Your choice of wine is up to you, but at Aldi there’s lots to choose from!”
Get your hands on Aldi’s Costellore Prosecco Frizzante DOCG €7.99/75cl (only €6.21 from 10th to 16th February) or try the Specially Selected Prosecco Spumante DOCG €12.99/75cl. Put the rosé in rose-mantic with the Costellore Prosecco Rosé €12.99/75cl.For bubbles that won’t break the bank, look no further than the Nicolas de Montbart Champagne €24.99/75cl, (only €16.99 from 10th to 16th of February).
If you are making a romantic meal, find the perfect wine pairing in Aldi with the line of Specially Selected wines. With hints of plum and blackcurrant, the Specially Selected Chilean Merlot Reserva €7.99/75cl is ideal for serving alongside hearty meals like spaghetti bolognese. For a juicy red made for meat dishes, pick up the Specially Selected South Australian Shiraz €8.58/75cl.Finally, for fans of crisp and aromatic whites, Aldi has a Specially Selected Limestone Coast Australian Chardonnay €7.99/75cl andSpecially Selected Clare Valley Australian Riesling €8.99/75cl.
See below for the full list of Valentine’s Day wines, as well as a few of Tom’s tips and descriptions:
Sparkling wines & Champagne
- Costellore Prosecco Mini €3.99/20cl
- Costellore Prosecco Frizzante DOCG €7.99/75cl – Lovely fresh fizz with an aroma of ripe pear, crisp and not too dry. Received a Gold Award in the World Sparkling Awards 2021, received a Silver Award in the Global Sparkling Masters 2021 and received a Bronze Award at the Global Prosecco Masters 2021. On offer for an amazing €6.21 from 10th to 16th February.
- Contevedo Cava Brut Gold €11.49/75cl – Cava offers amazing value for money. Dry and elegant, with fine bubbles. Received a Silver Award in the Global Sparkling Masters 2021.
- Costellore Prosecco Spumante €11.49/75cl – “Spumante” means that this classic Prosecco is fully sparkling, so literally full of fizz! Received a Gold Award in the Global Prosecco Masters 2021 and received a Bronze Award at the Global Sparkling Masters 2021.
- Costellore Prosecco Rosé €12.99/75cl
- Specially Selected Prosecco Spumante DOCG €12.99/75cl – A Prosecco with an extra layer of quality and flavour. Definitely special.Received a Silver Award in the Global Sparkling Masters 2021 and received a Bronze Award at the World Sparkling Awards 2021.
- Costellore Extra Dry Organic Prosecco DOCG €13.99/75cl – Most Prosecco is actually relatively sweet although the bubbles conceal this. Here’s a truly dry version: elegant and very grown-up.Received a Silver Award in the Global Organic Masters 2021, received a Silver Award at the Global Prosecco Masters 2021 and received a Bronze Award at the International Wine & Spirit Competition 2021.
- Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut €19.99/75cl – An amazing Champagne at an amazing price. In several blind tastings it has beaten not just some famous names but some very, very expensive ones! Received a Bronze Award in the Global Sparkling Masters 2021 and received the “Best Vintage” Award at the World Sparkling Awards 2021.
- Nicolas de Montbart Champagne €24.99/75cl – On offer for an amazing €16.99 from 10th to 16th February. Quite simply an unmissable bargain. A stylish Champagne at an extraordinary price. Grab it while you can!
Red and white wines
- Specially Selected Limestone Coast Australian Chardonnay €7.99/75cl – It’s all about the fruit in this unoaked Chardonnay: fabulously pure, balanced, and vibrant.
- Specially Selected Chilean Merlot Reserva €7.99/75cl – No wonder Chile is Ireland’s favourite wine producer! Just taste this intense ripe fruit: plum, blackberry, spice.
- Specially Selected South Australian Shiraz €8.58/75cl – You get a remarkable amount of flavour and sheer oomph is this bottled Australian sunshine.
- Specially Selected Clare Valley Australian Riesling €8.99/75cl – My old favourite. Dry as a bone, crisp and fresh with citrus zest. You can’t go wrong.