NEW LEISUREWEAR FROM ALDI SPECIALBUYS FOR THE FITNESS FANATIC
Shop in stores nationwide from 16th September
From 16th September, Aldi stores nationwide will be offering the perfect ladies fitness essentials to refresh your wardrobe with great value leisurewear that delivers on style, price, and comfort:
- Ladies’ Sports Bra €6.99 – Perfectly fitting, breathable, quick-drying sports bra with adjustable crossed straps and padded cups. Choose from 3 Prints. Sizes 8/10-16/18
- Ladies’ Fitness Vest €6.99 – Choose from Top or Vest in blue, rose or black. Sizes 8/10-16/18
- Ladies’ Fitness Leggings €7.99 – Full length, breathable, quick-drying fitness leggings with side phone pocket. Choose from High or Mid Waist in leaf print with side pocket, petrol print with side pocket or multicoloured. Sizes 8/10-16/18
Also why not stay fit in style and eat well with Aldi Ambassador Trisha Lewis top tips to eat well.
- Make a meal plan and shopping list
- Look up where your nearest Aldi is beforehand so you know what you can grab daily if you run out!
- Don’t do recipes that require specialised equipment- keep it simple.
- Plan meals that do not spoil quickly.
- Make meals where the leftovers are just as good to have the next day.
- Make a list of the food you need to bring and break it down into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Cook ahead and batch cook. You can have these ready in the freezer in advance. Think curry, cottage pie, stroganoff and lasagne. Store in containers, dated, with the number of servings on them. This will ensure that the quality of the meals is high in advance.
- Bring a toasted sandwich maker, this will be very handy as lunch or if you need a fast dinner.
- Have some meals that do not need to be cooked – make a meal out of snacks and create a mezze plate. You could include fruit and yogurt, cereals, granola, nuts, sandwiches, wraps and a selections of cheeses and crackers with chutney and grapes – ideal for the beach or long walks.
- Have dips and breadsticks- these will be amazing when you are hungry and waiting on your dinner.
- Go for convenience where you can. Use microwave rice, pre chopped potatoes, salad bags etc. After all, this is a holiday!
- Wash and prep your vegetables in advance or buy freshly cut vegetables.
- Bring someone that loves to cook!
Try out Aldi’s recipe for a Simple Chicken Curry – perfect for batch cooking ahead of your staycation and always a crowd-pleaser!
- 80g Worldwide Foods Classic Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp Specially Selected Cold Pressed Irish Rapeseed Oil (10g)
- 1 Nature’s Pick Onion
- 2 Butcher’s Selection Chicken Fillets
- 1 tbsp Stonemill Mild Curry Powder , approx. 15g
- 2 Nature’s Pick Carrots
- 200g Nature’s Pick Green Beans
- 150ml Warm Water
- Stonemill Sea Salt and freshly ground Stonemill Black Pepper
- Simmer the rice for 20 minutes then leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat.
- Slice the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the onion with curry paste or powder.
- Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes until sealed and almost tender.
- Peel and dice the carrots, then trim the green beans and cut in half.
- Add both to the chicken mixture together with water and bring to a simmer, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, then reduce heat and cover to simmer gently for 5 minutes. Serve with the
Shop the products mentioned above on 16th September from selected stores nationwide.
Did you know?
Barnardos and Aldi are proud to be working together in communities across Ireland to build better futures for vulnerable children and families through a variety of initiatives.
From the 9th of September, Aldi will stock a Specialbuys bouquet in support of Barnardos National Collections Weekend (10th & 11th September). The bouquet will retail at €4.99, with €1 from each sale going to the charity.
A recent survey conducted by Barnardos revealed that over 50% of parents felt concerned about the cost of returning to school, and one third of all parents said that meeting costs will be made more difficult this year because of Covid. But you can help!
You can visit Barnardos.ie/aldi to donate now! A €2 donation could provide a nutritious breakfast for a vulnerable child in one of Barnardos Early Years Centres, so get donating!