ALDI’S AWARD-WINNING GLUTEN FREE RANGE FOR COELIAC AWARENESS WEEK 2021
Coeliac Awareness Week: 9th – 15th May
Plus, two delicious Gluten Free recipes for you to try at home!
Coeliac Awareness Week runs this year from the 9th – 15th May, and Aldi has a range of Specialbuys, and Award-winning gluten free foods in store, which means you don’t have to compromise on taste.
Coeliac Awareness Week Specialbuys – on sale Sunday 9th May
- Nairn’s Gluten Free Biscuit Breaks €1.69/16 x 160g– Available in Oat & Choc Chip
- Lazy Days Food Ginger Snaps Gluten Free €1.99/100g
- Lazy Days Food Golden Syrup Oaties Gluten Free €1.99/150g
- Lazy Days Foods Stem Ginger Oaties Gluten Free €1.99
- Lazy Days Foods Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oaties €1.99/150g
- Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix €2.99/425g- Available in Devil’s Food Cake
- Old El Paso Gluten Free Fajita Kit €2.99/462g
- BFREE Gluten Free Multigrain Wraps €3.99
- BFREE Gluten Free Sweet Potato Wraps €3.99
Aldi has a wide selection of award-winning gluten free products available in store, every day. Below you’ll find just some of the range including the 2020 Free From Food Award winning products! Aldi took home accolades across 18 categories, including Silver, Bronze and Merit Awards in the Beer, Breakfast Products, Cake, Dessert and Puddings, Meat Products (Sausages), Sauces (Cooking) and Soup categories.
Aldi’s gold winners were:
- Free From Irish Pork Sausages – €0.89
- Dominion Sugar Free Lemon Sherbets – €0.99
- Róisín’s Mint Crisp Milk Chocolate Bar €1.99
- Specially Selected Extra Buttery Toffee Popcorn €1.39
- The Pantry Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour €1.79
- Specially Selected Gluten Free Quadruple Chocolate Cookies €1.75
- Specially Selected Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce €1.79
- Roosters Gluten Free Chicken Chunks €2.99/ 400g
- Roosters Gluten Free Chicken Goujons €2.99/ 400g
- Roosters Gluten Free Chicken Fillets €2.99/ 400g
- Walls Honest Chips €3.49
Other gluten free products available at Aldi include:
- Foodie Market Free From Gluten Free Cookies- €1.19/150g- Available in Ginger or Chocolate Chip
- Specially Selected Luxury Dessert Pots €1.29/90g – Available in Belgian Chocolate, Caramel & Seas Salt or Sicilian Lemon
- Holly Lane Gluten Free Macaroons 6 pack €1.29/190g/225g-Available in Coconut or Chocolate
- Free From Gluten Free Digestives €1.39/170g
- Free From Gluten Free Jammy Rings €1.39/200g
- Foodie Market Gluten Free Chocolate Digestives €1.39/200g
- Specially Selected Gluten Free White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies €1.75/150g
- Balviten Gluten Free Part Baked Baguette €1.89
- The Gluten Free Foodie Market Multiseed Thins 4 pack €1.99/160g-99 calories per thin
- The Deli Falafels €1.99/200g-Available in Mediterranean, Moroccan Sweet Potato Pakora, Beetroot, Sweet Chilli & Pumpkin or Spinach & Pinenut
- Bramwells Curry Sauce Tub €1.99/ 250g
- Brown Bear Gluten Free Lager ABV 4.1% €1.99/500ml– Great with Sushi!
- The Foodie Market Gluten Free Madeira Cake €2.29/320g/350g– Available in Plain or Coffee
- Liv Free Gluten Free Bagels €2.39/280g- Available in Plain or Poppy Seed
- The Foodie Market Gluten Free Sourdough Cob €2.49/400g
- Kavanagh’s Gluten Free Organic Porridge €2.59/500g
- Specially Selected Gluten Free Nut Bars €2.99/160g- Available in Chocolate Nuts & Peanut Butter, Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt or Cranberry Almond
- Specially Selected Sweet Potato Fries €2.99/500g
Coeliac disease is an autoimmune condition where the body reacts to gluten within your diet. When gluten is eaten, the body mistakenly attacks the digestive system, causing damage that impedes the body’s ability to absorb vital nutrients correctly. For more information and to view gluten free recipes see www.aldi.ie
Tips on how to stick to a gluten free diet:
Preparation – Make sure there are always gluten free meals and snacks ready.
Bake – Lots of baked goods include gluten so try Aldi’s gluten free flour instead.
Discover – If you think you need to go gluten free, ensure you seek medical advice.
Why not try these two gluten free recipes this summer!
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 x Nature’s Pick Fresh Corn on the Cob
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Paprika
- 1 x clove of Garlic
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Oregano
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Ground Cumin
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Coriander
- 60ml Solesta Olive Oil
- 5g The Pantry Sugar
- Stonemill Sea Salt and Stonemill Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spices and herbs with the olive oil and sugar, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the sweetcorn in half lengthways, then put the corn on its side and cut down the length of the cob. Put the raw cobs in a microwave for 30 seconds, then cut into 3, lengthways from top to bottom.
- Put the 12 ribs in the bowl and rub with the oil. Put them on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes until crispy.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp Solesta Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Nature’s Pick Red Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Nature’s Pick Red Pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500g Egan’s Rooster Potatoes, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 6 Medium Healy’s Farm Free Range Eggs
- Stonemill Salt
- Stonemill Pepper
- ½ bag Country Fresh Baby Leaf Salad
- 100g Nature’s Pick Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan.
- Fry onions over a medium heat until soft, then add pepper and potatoes. Cover and cook gently over a low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Place the eggs into a small mixing bowl, season and whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook on a medium heat until the sides and top of the omelette are just set.
- Cook the other side until golden brown by sliding the omelette onto a plate, placing the saucepan over the top and flipping over. (Alternatively, place under a hot grill for a couple of minutes to set the top.)
- Place the salad leaves into a bowl and scatter over the cherry tomatoes.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve immediately alongside the salad.